* “On average, citizens in the European Union made 189 electronic transactions a year in 2013, the most recent figures available. In Greece, the average was just 17 per citizen.” (Courtesy: NYT; the article has many interesting aspects)
* About six percent of Syrian refugees contacted by the United Nations in Jordan and Lebanon during the last half of November were interested in relocating to Canada. (Courtesy: NYT)
* Canada, and presumably other countries, have privatized refugee resettlement by requiring sponsors and minimum capital reserves. (Courtesy: NYT).
* The United Nations coordinates relocation with refugees, at least in part, via text. (Courtesy: Globe and Mail)
* B-52 bombers used to have ashtrays. (Courtesy: NYT)
* Paintings from before the 18th c. usually did not have titles. (Courtesy: New Republic)